Friday, October 24, 2008

Polishing my halo and thoughts of returning home.

Well another week is over and I've not written about anything. Actually that's not true I posted on Monday and then I deleted it. It told more than maybe I wanted to share and as things changed during the week I'm glad I took it down. I was venting and sharing worries that were unfounded.

Last Saturday I was team leader for New York Cares Day. It was a frustrating experience, although we did achieve a fair amount. My small team painted a mural and tidied and sorted what was basically a junk room into a library/reading/computer and science room at a school in Bronx. There was a lack of decent organisation and management from the site captain and I know that so much could have been achieved in the time we were there. We decided on the subway journey home that rather than going for a drink, heading home for a cup of tea and a slice of carrot cake was a much better idea - what a rock 'n' roll lifestyle I lead!

I've also started the scary prospect of looking for jobs back home. I finish my internship programme in February and then I head to Mexico for a month before flying back to the UK. I'm mainly looking in Edinburgh as that is where I think I would prefer to be but also I'm considering London which is something I never thought I would do.

The weather here is cold suddenly and that combined with the snuggly new bedding that Capt's parents bought him makes it particularly difficult to get up in the morning. It's like being wrapped up in down cocoon, ah bliss!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome